Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Back to Reality

After that wonderful two week Morocco break from the daily grind, life in the everyday routine was bound to seem monotonous. Surprisingly, I am still sane and happy with my lot. I know this is narcissistic, but I constantly look inside my head to see if I miss my work schedule, my coworkers and that feeling of being productive and being paid for my work. So far, my self-esteem and sense of who I am seems to have survived the lack of workplace excitement.
That is not to say I have been idle. I have rekindled my old liking of creating original recipes. Mostly, I start a recipe, discover I don't have a vital ingredient and scramble to cover the gap with what I do have and what might work in the mix. Voila, a new star is born! Well, they are not all stars, but some I might brag, actually went over quite well. So that has given me courage to start a cooking blog. We'll see where this takes me.
I feel happy that I finally ended the blogging drought. For the past few months I have not written anything and the guilt was gnawing at my procrastination, being an annoying reminder of the things that need to be said. Well, a sudden attack of insomnia has been turned to good use as I get some thoughts out of my head. More to come, my reflections on the death of true friendship and the march of the networkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment