Friday, June 10, 2011

Amanda's adventure

Every morning at around seven, I let the dog out into the backyard to do what she needs to do. Every morning, I clean up after her.

This morning, as I made sure the grass is clean and good for the kids to play in, Amanda slinked out from under the gate. After I was done, I called out for her to come in. When there was no sound of the patter of tiny paws I got a little testy and wished she would hurry up. She likes to take time to explore and I was in a hurry. I called a few more times then figured she must have gone inside ahead of me. I went back in indoors and called just to check. There was no answer. Now I was a little worried.

Soon, I was calling for Amanda in the house, not caring that I'll wake up my sleeping children and husband. When I knew she was not in the house, I panicked, woke up my husband and started a real search. Took the car out and drove up and down the street. Imagine my relief when I see her walking as happy as you please a block up the hill from the house.

I picked her up and we drove home. Once inside, I used my loud voice to let her know that what she had done was not good. Mommy was not happy with her little Amanda girl. And now, three hours later I miss my little girl. Can't wait to go home and scoop her up in my arms. All's well that ends well.

No comments:

Post a Comment