Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Amanda



On Friday two weeks ago, my husband and I visited the Seattle Humane Society and came home with Amanda. She is a terrier mix and a bundle of energetic love! At ten years, Amanda is a middle aged lady with a strong mind and strong maternal instincts. Shy at first, she has increasingly grown more and more vocal in her protection of her new home. Neighbors are criticised in no uncertain terms for walking on our side of the sidewalk. The rest of the family though, has been smiling more, at her antics and at ourselves for going gaga over our furry new girl. Amanda is her perfect name for she brings joy to all who meet her.

As we go for our afternoon walk/run, I tell her my day and she scolds me for leaving her alone. Feels so good to come home and have her jump all over me, telling me " I love you, I missed you, now can we PLEASE get out of the house?"

No comments:

Post a Comment